Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near El Paso, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their struggles and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It removes these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s an important first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from unhealthy peer groups and placed in a supervised, protected environment created precisely to aid with their healing.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in El Paso, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in El Paso, Texas; we offer comprehensive therapy to boys from El Paso, Texas. We’re a healthy, supervised environment, where students are guided by our gifted and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and deals with common teen struggles like risky or self-destructive activities,behavioral and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lifelong alteration in the residents who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our goal is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very effective with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools allow environments that allow for dating and the complications that follow such things. Jealousy, distraction, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This creates a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to ensure that we are successful in assisting these troubled boys:
- Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home displays love and sincere caring for the students enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given personal counseling as well as group counseling. Students will be helped individually, in order to deal with their specific problems and surpass them. A final and crucial aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to ensure that we can send your son home as a changed person, willing and able to forge a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Education. Self-destructive boys frequently learn at varying paces than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and allows them to re-build their focus and motivation. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We feel each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By offering influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and enter positions of obligation, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not usually an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Real-life, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after treatment. We recognize that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, distanced from El Paso, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to successfully transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Makes a Successful Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from El Paso, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in El Paso, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a positive, strictly structured environment to help troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to learn more about us, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
El Paso is a city in and the county seat of El Paso County, Texas, United States, and lies in far West Texas. In the 2010 census, the city had a population of 649,121. It is the sixth largest city in Texas and the 19th largest city in the United States. Its metropolitan area covers all of El Paso County, whose population in the 2010 census was 800,647. El Paso stands on the Rio Grande (Ro Bravo del Norte), across the border from Ciudad Jurez, Chihuahua, Mexico. The image to the right shows Downtown El Paso and Jurez, with the Jurez Mountains in the background. The two cities form a combined international metropolitan area, sometimes called Juarez-El Paso, with Jurez being the significantly larger of the two in population.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in El Paso, Texas, used with permission.