Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Dallas, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their problems and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It distances these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s an important first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from unhealthy influences and taken to a supervised, structured environment created precisely to foster their transformation.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Dallas, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Dallas, Texas; we offer effective therapy to boys from Dallas, Texas. We’re a secure, closed environment, where students are supervised by our knowledgeable and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on usual teen problems like risky or self-destructive activities,conduct and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to provide an enduring change in the boys who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, we work to create a lifelong transformation in boys who have gotten off track.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very successful with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools allow environments that allow for dating and the complications that arise from such things. Jealousy, disruption, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment encourages only on what is at hand and, most crucially, enables these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This develops a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to ensure that we are effective in helping these troubled boys:
- Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home displays love and sincere caring for the students enrolled here. Teaching them how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive one-on-one counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be worked with personally, in order to address their individual issues and fix them. A final and crucial aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to guarantee that we can send your son home as a different person, willing and able to forge a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Education. Troubled boys typically learn at different paces than other students. Therefore, we seek to provide an academic environment that engages our students and helps them to re-build their curiosity and sense of purpose. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We feel each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By providing strong role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and enter positions of duty, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The aim of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after this program. We understand that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, away from Dallas, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to successfully alter teenagers’ lives.
What Defines an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Dallas, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Dallas, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, tightly structured environment to enable troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to find out more about us, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Dallas, Texas:
Dallas is the third-largest city in the state of Texas and the ninth-largest in the United States. The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is the largest metropolitan area in the South and fourth-largest metropolitan area in the United States. Divided between Collin, Dallas, Denton, Kaufman, and Rockwall counties, the city had a population of 1,197,816 in 2010, according to the United States Census Bureau. The city is the largest economic center of the 12-county Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area that according to the March 2010 U.S. Census Bureau release, had a population of 6,371,773 as of the 2010 U.S. Census.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Dallas, Texas, used with permission.