Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Corpus Christi, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of at-risk boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their problems and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for troubled boys. It distances these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be separated from negative influences and placed in a supervised, controlled environment created especially to foster their transformation.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Corpus Christi, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Corpus Christi, Texas; we offer comprehensive therapy to boys from Corpus Christi, Texas. We’re a safe, supervised environment, where students are watched over by our gifted and dedicated staff. Treatment is individualized and addresses typical teen struggles like risky or self-destructive activities, conduct and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to grant an enduring change in the residents who come to us for help. With a spiritual approach, and therapies firmly based in Christian principles, our aim is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Benefits of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools allow environments that allow for dating and the distractions that come from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment enables strictly on what is at hand and, most crucially, enables these boys to feel safe and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This creates a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to make sure that we are successful in helping these troubled boys:
- Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home shows love and sincere caring for the teenagers enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given one-on-one counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be helped personally, in order to focus on their individual problems and surpass them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to make certain that we can bring your son home as a new person, ready and able to forge a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Education. Self-destructive boys typically learn at varying paces than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic setting that engages our students and encourages them to re-build their focus and sense of purpose. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We believe each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By offering strong role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and fill positions of duty, we develop this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not typically a smooth one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be brought with them into life after treatment. We understand that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, separated from Corpus Christi, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to properly alter teenagers’ lives.
What Marks an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these trying times. If your son from Corpus Christi, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Similar to boys ranches in Corpus Christi, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, strictly structured environment to enable troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to learn more about us, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Corpus Christi, Texas:
Corpus Christi is a coastal city in the South Texas region of the U.S. state of Texas. The county seat of Nueces County, it also extends into Aransas, Kleberg, and San Patricio counties. The MSA population in 2008 was 416,376. The population was 305,215 at the 2010 census making it the eighth-largest city in the state. It is the principal city of the three-county Corpus Christi Metropolitan Statistical Area as well as the larger Corpus Christi-Kingsville Combined Statistical Area. The translation from Latin of the city’s name is Body of Christ, given to the settlement by the Spanish, in honor of the Blessed Sacrament . The city has been nicknamed the “Sparkling City by the Sea”, particularly in literature promoting tourism.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Corpus Christi, Texas, used with permission.