Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Carrollton, Texas can provide a temporary choice for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their problems and turn their lives around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It separates these self-destructive teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be removed from negative influences and immersed in a supervised, controlled environment set up specifically to foster their recovery.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Carrollton, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Carrollton, Texas; we offer comprehensive therapy to boys from Carrollton, Texas. We’re a healthy, controlled environment, where students are supervised by our gifted and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on common teen issues like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic shortcomings. The goal of New Hope Boys Home is to provide a lifelong transformation in the boys who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our goal is to create a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is particularly effective with high school boys who are struggling. Ordinary schools build environments that allow for dating and the complications that follow such things. Jealousy, disruption, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment allows strictly on what is at hand and, most crucially, enables these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and form close relationships. This creates a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to make sure that we are effective in assisting these troubled boys:
- Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home offers love and genuine love for the boys enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be given personal counseling as well as group counseling. Students will be treated personally, in order to focus on their unique difficulties and overcome them. A final and crucial aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The goal is to guarantee that we can bring your son home as a new person, willing and able to build a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Education. Troubled boys often learn at different rates than other students. For this reason, we attempt to provide an academic environment that motivates our students and allows them to regain their focus and motivation. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We feel each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By employing influential role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and fill positions of responsibility, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The change from teenager to adult is not always an easy one. The goal of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after graduation. We recognize that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a proper environment, separated from Carrollton, along with qualified and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to effectively transform a boy’s attitudes, behaviors and outlook on life.
What Marks an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here especially to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Carrollton, Texas is experiencing emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Carrollton, Texas, our goal at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a positive, highly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to discover more about us, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Carrollton, Texas:
Carrollton is a city in Denton County, Dallas County and Collin County in the U.S. state of Texas. As of 2005, census estimates the city’s total population to be 122,699. Carrollton is a suburb of Dallas. The city of Carrollton has been named to America’s 2006 Top 100 Places to Live for 2006 by Relocate America. Also, in 2006, Carrollton was selected as the 19th best place to live in the United States by Money magazine. It was later named the 15th best place to live among small cities in 2008 by Money magazine.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Carrollton, Texas, used with permission.