Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Brownsville, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of struggling boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys surpass their struggles and turn their life around. It is similar to boys ranches in that it offers troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It removes these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s a vital first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from poor influences and taken to a supervised, structured environment created especially to encourage their transformation.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Brownsville, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Consider New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Brownsville, Texas; we provide comprehensive therapy to boys from Brownsville, Texas. We’re a healthy, controlled environment, where students are watched over by our experienced and caring staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on typical teen problems like risky or self-destructive activities, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic failings. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to provide an enduring change in the residents who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our goal is to instill a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very effective with high school boys who are struggling. Traditional schools allow environments that allow for dating and the complications that follow such things. Jealousy, distraction, and unhealthy peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment focus these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This develops a new, positive, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to ensure that we are successful in assisting these troubled boys:
- Love and Compassion. New Hope Boys Home offers love and honest love for the teenagers enrolled here. Showing them how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will be involved in personal counseling as well as group therapy. Students will be worked with personally, in order to address their unique problems and overcome them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to make certain that we can send your son home as a changed person, ready and able to forge a relationship upon a new foundation with his family.
- Education. Self-destructive boys typically learn at varying rates than other students. For this reason, we seek to provide an academic environment that engages our students and encourages them to re-discover their interest and sense of purpose. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We believe each student in this program has the capacity to become a leader. By providing influential role models in leadership positions and offering possibilities for students to step up and enter positions of responsibility, we encourage this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not usually a smooth one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Hands-on, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after this program. We recognize that boys’ time here is just the beginning, that the real demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can enable your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, away from Brownsville, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to successfully transform your teenager’s life.
What Defines an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here especially to help you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Brownsville, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Brownsville, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, highly structured environment to enable troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to discover more about us, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Brownsville, Texas:
Brownsville is a city in the southernmost tip of the state of Texas, in the United States. It is located on the northern bank of the Rio Grande, directly north and across the border from Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico. Brownsville is the 16th largest city in the state of Texas with a population of 175,023. In addition, the Matamoros-Brownsville Metropolitan Area counts with a population of 1,136,995, making it the 4th largest metropolitan area in the Mexico-US border. The area in Brownsville is one of the fastest growing urban areas in the United States. The city’s population dramatically increased after it experienced a boom in the steel industry during the 1900s, where it produced three times its annual capacity.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Brownsville, Texas, used with permission.