Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Arlington, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys rise above their problems and turn their lives around. It works similar to boys ranches in that it shows troubled boys a new way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for difficult boys. It distances these troubled teens from their old environments. That’s a crucial first move in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from negative influences and placed in a supervised, controlled environment created specifically to encourage their recovery.
If you are the parent of a struggling boy in Arlington, Texas, please give us a call at (830) 257-5714. We can help.
Why Contact New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Arlington, Texas; we offer comprehensive therapy to boys from Arlington, Texas. We’re a healthy, controlled environment, where students are supervised by our knowledgeable and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on common teen struggles like risky or self-destructive activities, behavioral and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The purpose of New Hope Boys Home is to grant a lasting change in the boys who come to us for help. With a Christian approach, and therapies firmly founded in Christian principles, our aim is to bring about a lifelong transformation.
Positive Outcomes of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is highly successful with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools create environments that allow for dating and the distractions that arise from such things. Jealousy, distraction, and negative peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Eliminating this competitive environment enables strictly on what is at hand and, most crucially, enables these boys to feel secure and protected, instead of having to compete with their peers. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This leads to a new, healthy, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to make sure that we are effective in changing these troubled boys:
- Love and Empathy. New Hope Boys Home shows love and sincere caring for the boys enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is vital to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive individual counseling in addition to group sessions. Students will be helped personally, in order to deal with their unique problems and fix them. A final and vital aspect of our milieu of therapy has to do with the family. The purpose is to make certain that we can send your son home as a different person, ready and able to forge a relationship upon a new footing with his family.
- Education. Troubled boys often learn at varying paces than other students. For this reason, we aim to provide an academic setting that interests our students and allows them to re-build their curiosity and motivation. Again, students are guided individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We believe each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By offering strong role models in leadership positions and offering opportunities for students to step up and take positions of obligation, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The transition from teenager to adult is not typically a smooth one. The purpose of this program is for students to not only learn to be respectful and caring, but to excel in their adult life and future career. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after graduation. We understand that boys’ time here is simply the beginning, that the important demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can allow your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing a healthy environment, separated from Arlington, along with trained and experienced staff and counselors, is essential to successfully transform your teenager’s life.
What Makes an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here specifically to help you and your family through these stressful times. If your son from Arlington, Texas is demonstrating emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Like boys ranches in Arlington, Texas, our purpose at New Hope Boys Home is the development of a healthy, strictly structured environment to allow troubled boys change and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to learn more about us, call (830) 257-5714. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Arlington, Texas:
Arlington is a city in Tarrant County, Texas within the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. According to the 2010 census results, the city had a population of 365,438, making it the third largest municipality in the Metroplex. Arlington is the seventh-largest city in Texas and the 50th largest city in the United States.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Arlington, Texas, used with permission.