Looking for boys ranches in Texas? Yes, boys ranches near Amarillo, Texas can provide a temporary solution for parents of troubled boys, but often a long-term solution is better.
New Hope Boys Home (near Austin) helps teenage boys overcome their problems and turn their lives around. It has a program that is similar to boys ranches in that it gives troubled boys a better way to live, but it works with boys over an entire year.
New Hope Boys Home is like a boys ranch for struggling boys. It separates these at-risk teens from their old environments. That’s an important first step in changing how they live and think. Here they will be taken from unhealthy influences and placed in a supervised, structured environment set up especially to foster their recovery.
If you are the parent of a self-destructive boy in Amarillo, Texas, please give us a call at (512) 521-3655. We can help.
Why Look Into New Hope Boys Home?
Though New Hope Boys Home is not located in Amarillo, Texas; we provide extensive therapy to boys from Amarillo, Texas. We’re a secure, controlled environment, where students are supervised by our knowledgeable and loving staff. Treatment is individualized and focuses on common teen problems like adolescent substance abuse, conduct and emotional issues, and academic struggles. The aim of New Hope Boys Home is to provide a lasting change in the residents who come to us for help. With a moral approach, and therapies firmly rooted in Christian principles, our goal is to create a lifelong transformation.
Goals of a Texas Boys Ranch for Troubled Boys
New Hope Boys Home is a single-gender school that is very successful with high school boys who are struggling. Typical schools create environments that allow for dating and the complications that arise from such things. Jealousy, lack of focus, and damaging peer pressure all contribute to troubled teenage behavior. Removing this competitive environment allows strictly on what is at hand and, most crucially, enables these boys to feel secure and protected, not having to compete with their fellow students. We focus on developing harmony and respect in all interactions and encourage our students to bond and build close relationships. This creates a new, helpful, type of peer pressure.
There are 5 essentials we follow to make sure that we are successful in assisting these troubled boys:
- Love and Care. New Hope Boys Home shows love and honest caring for the students enrolled here. Demonstrating how to truly and genuinely care for others is essential to helping these boys.
- Therapy & Counseling. Boys will receive personal counseling as well as group sessions. Students will be treated personally, in order to address their specific issues and surpass them. A final and necessary element to this therapy has to do with the family. The aim is to ensure that we can return your son home as a new person, willing and able to build a stronger and more honest relationship with his family.
- Education. Troubled boys often learn at varying rates than other students. Therefore, we aim to provide an academic setting that motivates our students and allows them to re-discover their focus and drive. Again, students are worked with individually to ensure their success.
- Leadership. We feel each student in this program has the ability to become a leader. By providing influential role models in leadership positions and offering chances for students to step up and fill positions of obligation, we foster this capacity for leadership.
- Real Life Preparation. The shift from teenager to adult is not usually a smooth one. The aim of this program is for students to not only be able to live as an adult, but to thrive. Practical, applicable skills are taught here that can be carried forth into life after graduation. We know that boys’ time here is only the beginning, that the true demonstration of change lies in the actions our graduates take moving forward.
New Hope Boys Home can help your troubled boy to turn around their life. Providing an ideal environment, separated from Amarillo, along with skilled and experienced staff and counselors, is necessary to successfully alter teenagers’ lives.
What Defines an Effective Program for Difficult Boys?
Our program for troubled boys is here specifically to assist you and your family through these difficult times. If your son from Amarillo, Texas is dealing with emotional or behavioral issues, including ADD/ADHD, depression, anxiety, oppositional defiant disorder, abuse trauma, and risky or self-destructive activities, New Hope Boys Home might be the perfect solution.
Much like boys ranches in Amarillo, Texas, our aim at New Hope Boys Home is the creation of a healthy, highly structured environment to help troubled boys to recover and heal. Although we are not really a boys ranch, we do offer many of the same tools to help boys.
If you would like to find out more about us, call (512) 521-3655. We can help your son recover and get set on the right path.
More about therapeutic boarding schools for troubled boys in Amarillo, Texas:
Amarillo is the 14th-largest city, by population, in the state of Texas, the largest in the Texas Panhandle, and the seat of PotterÂ County. A portion of the city extends into Randall County. The population was 190,695 at the 2010 census. The Amarillo metropolitan area has an estimated population of 236,113 in four counties. Amarillo, originally named Oneida, is situated in the Llano Estacado region. The availability of the railroad and freight service provided by the Fort Worth and Denver City Railroad contributed to the city’s growth as a cattle marketing center in the late 19th century.Handbook of Texas.
Excerpt about therapeutic boarding schools for boys in Amarillo, Texas, used with permission.